To brief your case or requirements and I will respond it timely

Your present position: - Legal Blog - Clients’ Consulting And Testimonials

Seeking Legal Assistance from china lawyer

author: Released in:2015/7/17 11:57:42 Click quantity:

I am a foreigner working in China. In the end of December in 2014 I was abused by police in ***, who injured my thumb. The thumb partially lost flexibility. For half an year I am trying to get a medical treatment here, in China. I have made about 10 visits to hospitals and saw about 6 different doctors, including those in the *** hospital and the *** hospital. 

In no hospital a convincing diagnosis was made - doctors had different (seemingly contradictory) conclusions. I don't find them reliable and reflecting my actual condition (they were based solely on my X-rays data, which look normal - not on MRI tests). In June I did MRI at the***1st hospital, whose doctors also made some observations (seemingly contradicting to the previous diagnoses). However, the MRI results were not given to me in the DICOM format (a standard electronic format for MRI data). Because of this I can not send my MRI images to doctors in other countries for an evaluation. (I was provided only with the printed films, which I can't scan without a significant loss of quality.) 

After getting the MRI results, I tried to discuss them with a local doctor, who, however, directed me to the ***hospital again. I made an appointment with the Jishuitan hospital for today. However, 3 days ago my appointment was cancelled by the hospital without an explanation. The nearest appointment I could schedule will be in 2 weeks - on July, 7. I can't be certain that the appointment won't be cancelled again. 

(There was a similar situation, when I attempted to do MRI at the***hospital - my appointment was rescheduled for 2 weeks, because I brought a copy, rather than the original, of the survey form.) 

I am an officially working individual in China, have a medical insurance, yet for half an year I can not get my finger injury diagnosed. This significantly affects my work performance. 

I am asking you if you can assist me in any way with this matter. 

At the moment, I would like to: 
(1) get my MRI results from the Peking University 1st hospital in the DICOM format (or any other electronic format, which I can send via the Internet - the hospital refused to give me the results in any form other than the printed films) 
(2) get a reliable evidence-based diagnosis for my thumb injury. 

(After that it will make sense to discuss the possible treatment.) 

Since the injury has a criminal origin, I am wondering if it would help to refer to the forensic medicine and the corresponding medical centers. Should I contact the Beijing police then? (I don't think it would make a legal sense, since the crime occured in ***.)

Unfortunately, I don't speak Chinese and during my hospital visits I am accompanied by my local friends. 

Have a good day! 

Address of Furong Law Firm Guangzhou Office: 
3rdth Floor, No. 1262, Zhongshan Road, Tianhe District,Guangzhou,China
020-31601956 (Chinese Language Receptionist Only, English Call Our Hotline)
Copyright Reserved: International Legal Service Department Of Furong Law Firm Guangzhou-Shenzhen Office